Friday, January 27, 2006

Slightly Off Topic... Or Is It?

This is not my normal whining, but it's political in nature just the same....

Yet another female teacher taking advantage of a student, and yet another example of the gender bias that exists in society today. Renee Florence Gaudet, a 27 year old teacher in New Brunswick, received a conditional sentence for sexually assaulting a 13 year old former male student. Everyone gets up in arms whenever a young female is damaged, or taken advantage of like this, where is the uproar over the damage being done to our young men? When will we, as a society, realize that women can be monsters too? Women are just as capable of harming as men are. How many victims must suffer before we realize this??

Another thing that irks me. Why is it that people are constantly complaining that not enough women, or minorities, are being elected? Last I checked, we were a democratic society. When I vote, I don't look at your gender, background, or ethnicity. I look at what you are going to do for me, and my country. That is what politics is all about. It's about time that people understood that your gender, or ethnicity, is not a qualification....

Truthfully Yours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home