Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hargrove, the man, the myth, the CPC hypocrisy..

As my first order of business, they have done it again. Buzz Hargrove, genius that he is, decided it would be wise to label Stephen Harper as a Seperatist. The CPC’s well oiled PR machine has turned this statement into another circus.

Let’s keep in mind that Hargrove is NOT a Liberal. He is NOT running for office, but he IS Canadian. This means that he is allowed to speak his mind, no matter how looney it is.

This is not even my point however. My point is this: Every time anybody mentions anything about the CPC, they turn it all around, and act all surprised that somebody would attack them personally. The hypocrisy is just maddening! This party goes around and attacks over any little thing.

Now, I don’t believe myself that Harper is a Seperatist. In fact, I think the man has an incredible passion for a Canada that he believes in. I may not share that view, but he is entitled to his own.

What disturbs me is that a Party that advertises that other parties are not morally, or ethically worthy of our votes, can be so two-faced themselves. Canadians need to understand that they are being played, and played well. The Conservative movement in Canada is mirroring the Neo-Con movement in the US, right down to the constant right-wing assault on our logic, and our emotions. They accuse the Liberal party of playing to the fears of Canadians, while playing to the anger of Canadians themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home